HELLO, EVERYONE! HOLA A TODOS!

A sheer pleasure to have YOU as a reader of my blog. At present my main teaching area is English so you will find that most of my posts are in English -my second language of communication. I promise to publish posts related to Spanish eventually; in the meantime, those of you interested in Spanish will find some interesting links regarding my native language. Truly hope you will visit my blog now and then; will try not to disappoint you!

Profile

Mi foto
GÄVLE, Sweden
I am an English/Spanish language trainer who thinks communication is a key issue in human interaction. Good sensible communication is needed whatever the language. On the personal side I strive for happiness by keeping love, respect and honesty as main ingredients. Last but not least, my smile is my trademark :O)

31 de marzo de 2009

Common European Framework of Reference: Learning, Teaching, Assessment

Marco Común Europeo de Referencia para las Lenguas: Aprendizaje, Enseñanza, Evaluación http://cvc.cervantes.es/OBREF/marco/cvc_mer.pdf (pp. 26-39)

Many times my students have asked me "what is my actual level of English?", and as simple as it should be for me to answer this question, I must admit one gets "out of words" when trying to satisfy this query. Students are so familiar with the traditional terms: beginners, elementary, intermediate (low- and upper-), advanced that to them the frontiers are rather blurred.

Yes, ok, there's certainly a difference between beginners and intermediate, but not that easy when finding the precise line between beginners and elementary, or between upper-intermediate and advanced.

To make matters worse, the two most valued institutions to learn English here in Spain: Escuela Oficial de Idiomas (Official Language School) and The British Institute organize the English route in different levels. I suggest clicking on both links if you want to find out more about it:

http://www.eoidiomas.com/web/Idiomas/ingles.html

http://www.britishcouncil.org/spain-learn-english-in-spain-madrid-adults-general-courses.htm

The Common European Framework of Reference is a document that "provides a basis for the mutual recognition of language qualifications, thus facilitating educational and occupational mobility. It is increasingly used in the reform of national curricula and by international consortia for the comparison of language certificates" (http://www.coe.int/T/DG4/Linguistic/CADRE_EN.asp)

The CEFR divides the learning process into six leves: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2

Basic User = A1 and A2

Independent User = B1 and B2

Proficient User = C1 and C2

If you would like to know how much English "you know" and where you should be aiming at, I recommend that you read the interesting word or pdf documents (depending on the your mother tongue) on the link below:


http://www.coe.int/T/DG4/Portfolio/?L=E&M=/main_pages/levels.html








No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario