HELLO, EVERYONE! HOLA A TODOS!

A sheer pleasure to have YOU as a reader of my blog. At present my main teaching area is English so you will find that most of my posts are in English -my second language of communication. I promise to publish posts related to Spanish eventually; in the meantime, those of you interested in Spanish will find some interesting links regarding my native language. Truly hope you will visit my blog now and then; will try not to disappoint you!

Profile

Mi foto
GÄVLE, Sweden
I am an English/Spanish language trainer who thinks communication is a key issue in human interaction. Good sensible communication is needed whatever the language. On the personal side I strive for happiness by keeping love, respect and honesty as main ingredients. Last but not least, my smile is my trademark :O)

1 de abril de 2009

April Fools' Day or All Fools' Day

Just would like to draw your attention to this day, April, 1st, known in many countries as April Fools' Day and it could the equivalent to our December, 28th -Día de los Inocentes-, when jokes or pranks are played to embarrass the gullible.

If you want to find more about it click on:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Fools%27_Day

Even newspapers play along as it is shown in this article published by The Guardian today:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/apr/01/guardian-twitter-media-technology

This is how it starts:

"Consolidating its position at the cutting edge of new media technology, the Guardian today announces that it will become the first newspaper in the world to be published exclusively via Twitter, the sensationally popular social networking service that has transformed online communication."

;O)))


*********** new words*************

fool (a silly person) (un tonto)

prank (joke) (broma)

gullible (credulous) (crédulo)

cutting edge (innovative, pioneering) (de última generación, de vanguardia)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario