HELLO, EVERYONE! HOLA A TODOS!

A sheer pleasure to have YOU as a reader of my blog. At present my main teaching area is English so you will find that most of my posts are in English -my second language of communication. I promise to publish posts related to Spanish eventually; in the meantime, those of you interested in Spanish will find some interesting links regarding my native language. Truly hope you will visit my blog now and then; will try not to disappoint you!

Profile

Mi foto
GÄVLE, Sweden
I am an English/Spanish language trainer who thinks communication is a key issue in human interaction. Good sensible communication is needed whatever the language. On the personal side I strive for happiness by keeping love, respect and honesty as main ingredients. Last but not least, my smile is my trademark :O)

14 de marzo de 2009

Feel like doing some English work this weekend?!

http://www.presentationzen.com/

Two entries to focus on:

  1. (March 11) Text & narration on screen (with a twist)>> Interesting tips as well on how to upgrade a presentation; bit hard to read as the text scrolls up&down.

  2. (March 8) If you only had a minute to pitch your story>> Do you remember that job advert that said "The best job in the world"? If you can't, click here: http://www.boingboing.net/2009/01/14/best-job-in-the-worl.html for a reminder. Well, in this entry you will be able to watch some of the author's favourites. I think they grab you and the contestants have managed to "pitch their story", indeed.

Wondering what "pitch" means in this context???? The Compact Oxford English Dictionary says: "a form of words used to persuade or influence"







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario