HELLO, EVERYONE! HOLA A TODOS!

A sheer pleasure to have YOU as a reader of my blog. At present my main teaching area is English so you will find that most of my posts are in English -my second language of communication. I promise to publish posts related to Spanish eventually; in the meantime, those of you interested in Spanish will find some interesting links regarding my native language. Truly hope you will visit my blog now and then; will try not to disappoint you!

Profile

Mi foto
GÄVLE, Sweden
I am an English/Spanish language trainer who thinks communication is a key issue in human interaction. Good sensible communication is needed whatever the language. On the personal side I strive for happiness by keeping love, respect and honesty as main ingredients. Last but not least, my smile is my trademark :O)

22 de enero de 2011

20 LECCIONES APRENDIDAS POR UN GRAN MAESTRO, 20 LECCIONES QUE NOS ENSEÑAN A LOS QUE NOS GUSTA LEER

Although the primary aim of this blog was to address those of you interested in the English language, you may have been aware by now that I have been gradually introducing stuff related to my own native language, Spanish.

Today, reading El País, one of my favourite writers in Spanish, Antonio Muñoz Molina, has published an enriching, honest article that, in my opinion, renders 20 good brief lessons for us -keen readers- to enrich our own eagerness. His article is called 20 años, 20 lecciones and is found in the Saturday literary supplement: Babelia.

I discovered Antonio Muñoz Molina long ago when I read one of his best novels El Jinete Polaco, in which I delighted myself in reading one of the most beautiful descriptions of the physical communication that two people in love with each other may convey.

The features I admire most in his prose are the richness of the language, the use of adjectives, and the melodic rhythm that flows as you read. There is a slight drawback, I must admit: his recurrent theme. He tends to evoke his childhood much too often in many of the novels I have read; but all the same, this doesn't diminish my admiration for him. If you want to know more about him, his Self-portrait is a good start.

2 comentarios: